You may have trouble sleeping and have decided that your mattress is at fault.Or you may have realised that it’s actually 10 years since you bought your last mattress.Doesn’t time fly. Whatever the reason, choosing a new mattress can make you lose sleep as an activity. Our sleep is so important to us that we want to try and do everything we can to give ourselves a chance of a better night’s sleep.
There are many different types of mattresses and you owe it to yourself to choose the best for you.First you need to find an informative site and do a bit of research before you choose your mattress. I would recommend a visit to Foam Nights where you can find out more about great mattresses.
Type of Mattress
For something so simple as somewhere to sleep, buying a new mattress is quite complicated.There are many choices and options and the first thing you need to decide is what material will your mattress be made from.
There are two types of spring mattress. Pocket spring or open spring. Pocket spring it is a more luxurious style of mattress as the individual springs are situated within individual pockets of fabric. This enables each spring to move independently of the others. This gives a lot more support. They are available in soft, medium or firm versions. They’re more breathable than memory foam or latex so are a great choice if you get too hot at night. They are heavy to turn, and you need to check the material as often they are filled with natural materials which may cause allergies. They are a good choice for two people as they minimise the risk of rolling. Open spring contain one long piece of wire coiled into multiple springs. They are a cheaper option but are less supportive than other mattresses.
Latex mattresses are filled with latex foam.They are very durable and should last for years.The material is durable and is also breathable, so you won’t overheat. These mattresses are quite heavy, so they are difficult to turn.As they are such a solid mattress, they are a good option for those who like a firm bed.
A lot of modern mattresses are made from memory foam. Memory foam will mould to your body and will also respond to your body weight.This means if more than one of you are sharing a bed, you won’t keep rolling into each other. As the mattress moulds to your body you feel as though you’re sinking into it.This can make you feel rather warm, with some people take a while to get used to this type of mattress. Memory foam is a great choice for people with a bad back or those who need extra support in bed. This is because it aligns your spine when you were sleeping on your side and it helps you keep your posture.
- Side sleepers don’t always stay in the same position.Many of them switch sides and move their legs around. This constant movement means that side sleepers need a soft to medium level mattress. They need a mattress soft enough to fit the curves of their body.
- Back sleepers need both firmness and support.A soft mattress could lead to back problems or make existing problems worse.
- If you sleep on your stomach, then you need a mattress with support.People who sleep on their stomach should be as flat as possible.
The firmness of the mattress will also affect your sleep.
- People who sleep on their side or change positions often during the night should sleep on a soft mattress.A soft mattress will mould to your body’s natural position.
- This is a good option for those who change their sleep position during the night as it moulds to your body but has more support than a soft mattress.
- Medium firm.This is great for people who sleep on their back as the firmness will give them lower back support.
- This is for people who sleep on their front.It’s also good option for those who suffer from back pain. It will keep you in a stable position and you won’t sink into the mattress enabling you to sleep better and more comfortably.